Dogs Available for Adoption
Dogs and puppies listed here are still available for adoption. We update our website and listings multiple times a day to add or remove dogs for adoption. If you would like to adopt a puppy or dog, please fill out an adoption application and we will be in touch with next steps in the dog adoption process.
Reasons to Consider Adopting an Adult Dog
- Unlike shelter puppies, you know an adult shelter dog is done growing, so there are no surprises as to how big they’ll get.
- Adult dogs have larger bladders, so you can usually depend on fewer accidents, and many adult rescues are already housetrained!
- Adult dogs are past the teething phase, so your furniture and shoes are safer from getting chewed up.
- If you want to bring a canine into your life but can’t watch them around the clock, an adult dog does not require constant supervision like a puppy does.
- You can find an adult dog with an energy level that fits your lifestyle, whereas adopting a puppy means lots of activity for a few years.
- You can give the priceless gift of a safe, loving forever home to a dog that’s experienced many years of fear and uncertainty.
Give a Dog a Forever Home
Have you found any dogs here that will make a great addition to your family? Click on the pupper’s photo to fill out their adoption application today! Or, you can fill out A.R.F.’s pet adoption application here. The ARF-IL Animal Rescue Foundation thanks you!