A.R.F. Pet ID:14021293
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Rex is a three-year old absolute sweetheart! He always greets his foster family when they walk in the room. Every night he snuggles in bed and sleeps with his head on his human foster sister.
Rex is wonderful around his foster family's dog, and would enjoy having a canine buddy around. We suggest he be the only cat in the house though, because he wants your love all to himself. His favorite toy is anything catnip.
Rex came to A.R.F. with a large wound on his neck from an unknown cause. The vets could not believe how calm he was during his treatment. Rex let the vets do anything and everything that they needed to in order to get him on the mend. We are all in awe of his sweet demeanor even during his stressful medical treatment. Rex has completely healed up from his injuries and is ready for his forever home.
This furry boy is an awesome cat, but his kryptonite is cages. He will not be coming to events because he is really afraid of being in the cage for the three-hour event (I mean, would you want to be in a cage for that long? I know I wouldn't). If you want to meet Rex we can make arrangements for you to meet and greet him. As soon as you meet him in person you'll see how great he is.
If you are interested in meeting Rex, you can fill out an online adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/. Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting with Rex.
More Info About Rex
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: MF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!