A.R.F. Pet ID:14021293
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Male, neutered, about 2 years old (as of January 2019), microchipped, up to date on vaccinations, currently in a foster home, adoption fee $110.
Rex is a two year old absolute sweetheart! He always greets his foster family when they walk in the room. Right now Rex would prefer to be an only cat. He does wonderful with the foster dog but one cat came into the foster home that made Rex nervous around other cats. Every night he sleeps with his head on his human foster sister. His favorite toys include catnip! Rex came to ARF with a large wound on his neck from an unknown cause. The vets could not believe how calm he was during his treatment. He let the vets do anything and everything that they needed to in order to get him on the mend. We are all in awe of his sweet demeanor! When you meet him we think you will be too! Though Rex is an awesome cat, he's kryptonite is cages. He will not be coming to events because he is really afraid of being in the cage. So if you want to meet Rex please inquire about him and arrangements will be made for you to meet your potential new forever friend.
If you are interested in meeting Rex, you can fill out an online adoption application at http://www.arf-il.org/application.html Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting with the cat. Filling out the application does not obligate you in any way. (MF)
More Info About Rex
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: MF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!