Adopt a Puppy
Are you looking to adopt a puppy in Illinois? There are lots of rescue dogs and puppies out there ready for you to take them home. If you’ve been online recently searching “puppies for adoption near me,” A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation in Wheaton, IL can help. But is adopting a puppy right for you and your family? Puppies are certainly a LOT of work, requiring patience and time at home. However, there are plenty of reasons that one of our A.R.F. IL puppies might be the right choice for you:
Reasons to Adopt a Puppy From A.R.F. IL
- If you have a lot of time right now to spend at home bonding with and training a rescue dog, now is the right time to get a puppy.
- You can bond early in a puppy’s life and help shape their behavior and habits. For example, if you don’t want your dog to go on the couch, you can enforce that rule from the get-go rather than trying to retrain an adult dog that’s used to the couch.
- You can more quickly socialize a puppy to have positive interactions with your existing pets or other dogs in the neighborhood.
- The general size of a puppy also makes them easier to handle when they get into a bit of mischief exploring their new home and getting used to house rules.
- Your puppy gets to grow up with you and be your companion for a long time to come.
Finding Puppies for Adoption Near Me
If you see “Sorry, no results found!” that means we don’t currently have puppies available for adoption, but we are sure to have some soon! A.R.F. is constantly rescuing puppies in Illinois and we update our listings daily. You can also see all A.R.F. IL available dogs for adoption to adopt an adult dog that will be perfect for your home!
Dogs and puppies listed here are still available for adoption. We update our website and listings multiple times a day to add or remove dogs for adoption. If you would like to adopt a puppy or dog, please fill out an adoption application and we will be in touch with next steps in the dog adoption process.
Reasons to Consider Getting an Adult Dog
- Unlike shelter puppies, you know an adult shelter dog is done growing, so there are no surprises as to how big they’ll get.
- Adult dogs have larger bladders, so you can usually depend on fewer accidents, and many adult rescues are already housetrained!
- Adult dogs are past the teething phase, so your furniture and shoes are safer from getting chewed up.
- If you want to bring a canine into your life but can’t watch them around the clock, an adult dog does not require constant supervision like a puppy does.
- You can find an adult dog with an energy level that fits your lifestyle, whereas adopting a puppy means lots of activity for a few years.
- You can give the priceless gift of a safe, loving forever home to a dog that’s experienced many years of fear and uncertainty.
Give a Puppy a Forever Home
Have you found any A.R.F. puppies on our site that will make a delightfully playful addition to your family? Click on the pupper’s photo to fill out their adoption application today! Or, you can fill out A.R.F.’s general adoption application here. The ARF-IL Animal Rescue Foundation thanks you!