A.R.F. Pet ID:19975061 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Labrador Retriever / Mixed (long coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
I'm a 1.5 year old sweet lab mix, weighing 38 pounds. I'm looking for a new family because I was in a kill shelter in Kentucky., and my time was about up. Thankfully A.R.F. rescued me.
The best family for me would be a moderately active family with kids, cats, and/or dogs. In fact, I love EVERYBODY!
The thing I need a little help with is door manners. I love to go outside so much that I race you to the door and push my way out. The things I like are: Being near you, but not on top of you. Going for long walks and being outside. My stuffies, I carry them with me on walks sometimes. Treats, cuddles, pats, and telling me I'm a good boy.
Things I'm good at are: Not getting on the sofa, I prefer the floor. I don't jump on you or new people when I meet them. I walk on a leash pretty good, but I could use a little help with getting better at that. I'm quiet, I really don't bark and I'm not in your face. I'm just a quiet, polite boy who needs a family to love, and to love me back.
Sable is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housetrained
. This dog's new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
The adoption fee for this pet is $500. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting this dog fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Sable
- Coat length: Long
- Energy level: Moderate
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: SaG
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!