A.R.F. Pet ID:19548712 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 7/4/2023)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Snuffleupagus....you know, as in Big Bird and Snuffleupagus. Well, in this case it is Big Bird, Snuffleupagus, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby and their amazing momma, Prairie Dawn! These six siblings came to ARF after being born in someone's backyard on July 4th. Their amazing mom has taken such good care of them, and now they're ready to find their forever homes. They are all very playful and full of kitten energy, loving any toy they can get their paws on, from shoelaces to spring toys....they're not picky. Their absolute favorites are wand toys. They just love to jump up high to get them. They also love spending time chasing each other around, through their cat tunnels, and climbing high up into their cat tree to watch out the window.
These babies can always be found in the cutest cuddle puddle when it's time for a nap. They really love each other's company, but nothing beats a nice warm lap to curl up in. They are all very snuggly kittens. They love belly rubs, chin scratches and especially scratches under their collars. They love any attention that they can get.
These babies have only known a life with each other's company and would really prefer to be adopted with one of their siblings, or be adopted into a home that already has some furry friends that they can interact with. They would do well with cats, dogs and gentle kids of any age. They would make a fun, snuggly addition to any family.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Snuffleupagus would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
He is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
His adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Snuffleupagus, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Snuffleupagus
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!