A.R.F. Pet ID:18973251 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Long Hair / Domestic Short Hair (long coat), Domestic Short Hair
- Age: Adult (born on 1/26/2013)
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Low
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Special Family Wanted....Cogsworth is looking for a very special adopter who is willing to help spoil and adore him. You see, Cogswroth has had a rough last year. His owner surrendered him and his brother when she was placed into a nursing facility and unable to further care for them. They had been with their owner their whole 10 years of life and had a hard time adjusting to rescue life. Unfortunately, the stress brought out an underlying heart condition for both boys. While his brother sadly did not recover, Cogsworth did and has continued to improve ever since. The vet has advised that while Cogsworth is currently healthy and doing well, he will likely need future medical care. It is unclear how long Cogsworth will remain healthy, but with close monitoring and treatment he may have several years left. We believe he should spend those years with his forever family. Cogsworth is an incredibly handsome gentleman and has quickly become a volunteer favorite. Everyone who has met him has fallen in love. His overly expressive face will tell you exactly what he is thinking and how he feels. He loves exploring and seeing everything going on in the world. He has been on walks in a cat stroller and seemed to quite enjoy it. When he can pull himself away from the windows, he enjoyes playing with a laser pointer and rolling in a pile of catnip. Cogsworth is a big talker and will gladly lay and talk with you for hours. He rarely stops purring and is overall just a happy guy. He has been in a foster home with other pets but his ideal home would be quiet and calm. If you think you might able to help spoil Cogsworth with treats, toys, and love for all of his days, please apply now. He is ready to join your home.
Cogsworth is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
s adoption fee is $100
. If you are interested in meeting Cogsworth
, please fill out our
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Cogsworth
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange
- Coat length: Long
- Eye color: Green
- Tail type: Long
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: Low
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Low
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: MF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!