A.R.F. Pet ID:18532856 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 11/20/2021)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Kids? No
Hi! I'm Maize, and I'm looking for a loving, patient, and kind forever home! I came to A.R.F. with four kittens, and now that they've found their "fur-ever" homes, I'm hoping to find mine! I adore windows: looking out, watching birds, and napping in the warm sunshine. Also a favorite of mine: wand toys! My foster people say it's impressive how high I can jump to grab them out of the air! I also really enjoy cat safe pipe cleaners - I can play with them for hours!
I also LOVE watching TV with my foster family - they say that I'll make the "purr-fect" companion while you're binging your new favorite show! I love to rub on legs, and gentle head scratches are my favorite.
After having to survive on the streets of Chicago during a cold and windy fall, I will admit that I can be a little shy around new people at first. However, given just a little bit of time to realize that I'm safe, I really warm up to my new people and tend to be super affectionate. I would likely do best as an only cat, but I promise to be all the loving, cuddly cat you need!
Could you be my new forever family? Apply to adopt me today!!
Maize is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Maize's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Maize, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Maize
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: Moderate
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Moderate
- Reaction to new people: Cautious
- Owner experience required: Species
- Foster: MF
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!