A.R.F. Pet ID:16448454 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Boxer / Rhodesian Ridgeback / Mixed (short coat), Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Hi my name is Brewer! My previous family said my DNA test listed my primary breed as Boxer, but my ARF peeps think I look a bit like a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix too. Either way, I am a handsome boy if I do say so myself! My foster parents call me a gentle giant, because I am a big boy who weighs in at 80 pounds. I am about 4 years old, very sweet, and house-trained. I love to run and play and would love a fenced in yard (but I don’t need one). I get along with dogs I meet but I would like to be the only animal in a home. I know a number of commands like “sit”, “stay”, “down”, and “place”. After my daily exercise, I will cuddle up next to my humans on the couch. I do really well on walks and I can sleep nicely in my crate or in the bed at night, doesn’t matter to me. My foster humans trust me enough to be out of the crate when they are gone. I can get along with kids but because I am so big, I prefer they are at least elementary school-aged (8 & up). When playing I like to have fun with all of my toys, ropes, chew toys and balls. Throw me the ball in the air and I’ll show you my elite catching ability! Puppy Bowl 2022 anyone? I’m a strong playful boy but I love to relax and unload too. Currently, I am the only pet in my foster home, and my foster parents love me and think I am pretty great!
Brewer is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Brewer's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Brewer fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Brewer
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: APe
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!