A.R.F. Pet ID:18410010 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Medium Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 7/5/2022)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Check out this sweet little guy! He's everything you could want in a kitten. He's playful, he's spunky and he's a great snuggler. Smudge likes toys of any kind, but especially likes to chase springs and wand toys. He will often run around with a toy mouse in his mouth. He loves to climb up high in his cat climber and often naps up there with his buddies.
Speaking of naps, this guy is a pro! He always prefers a nice warm lap to curl up in, but if he can't find one, he never hesitates to curl up with his siblings. They are all very close and do just about everything together. Smudge is a very laid back kind of guy and can't wait to find his forever family.
Smudge came to his foster home with his four siblings, Squiggle, Splatter, Splotch and Speck. Since he has only known a life surrounded by furry friends, he would really do best in a home with another kitty, preferably one of his siblings. He hasn't had any exposure to dogs, but most kittens can adjust to them fairly quickly. He does well with kids of all ages and would make a great addition to any family.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Smudge would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Smudge is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Smudge's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Smudge, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Smudge
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: DiHu
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!