A.R.F. Pet ID:18084402 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 5/20/2022)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
This handsome boy may just be everything that you're looking for in a kitten! He is very sweet, loves to be held, and can't get enough attention.
Gumby was born on 5/20/22 in his current foster home along with 5 brothers and sisters, Pokey, Slinky, Kaleidoscope, Lite-Brite and Etch-A-Sketch. Their momma did an amazing job of raising them, and now they're ready for their forever home.
Gumby would love a nice family to play with him and give him lots of snuggles. He always wants to be where the action is, and isn't afraid to let you know when he wants love and pets. He has the tiniest little meow!
Gumby spends his days chasing his siblings around, playing with any toy he can get his paws on, and taking nice long naps. He's partial to cuddles with his siblings and nice warm laps. He can't wait to curl up in yours!
Gumby would love to be adopted with one of his siblings, or into a family with other furry friends. He cries when he's lonely, so we know that he craves companionship and can't be an only kitty. He does great with other cats and kids of all ages. He hasn't had a chance to meet any dogs yet, but I have a feeling he would do just fine. Gumby would make a great addition to any family.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Gumby would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Gumby is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Gumby 's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Gumby, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Gumby
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: DiHu
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!