A.R.F. Pet ID:18084402 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 5/20/2022)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Kids? Yes
Hello! My name is Gumby, and I'm looking for my "fur-ever" home! I am about a year old, and all the volunteers who have met me say that I am the sweetest boy. I love to be held like a baby, sleep on your legs at night, play with you, and (it almost goes without saying) I love attention! I'm a huge fan of Fancy Feast chicken and turkey pate, and I'll meow at you to let you know my feelings.
One thing about me, though, is that I have a strong desire to be an only cat. I LOVE playing with human kids, but I'm not a huge fan of other cats. I promise that other than that, I'm the perfect kitty to be your new cuddly best friend.
Could you be my new forever home? Stop by the Wheaton PetSmart to see me in person, or better yet, put in an application to meet me - I can't wait to meet you!
Gumby is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Gumby 's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Gumby, please fill out our online adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Gumby
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Grooming needs: Not Required
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Likes to vocalize: Some
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: SaDe
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!