A.R.F. Pet ID:17027114 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Hound / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: No
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Oscar is a male Hound mix who is underweight at 37 pounds. He is estimated to be 1-2 years old. Oscar is a VERY sweet dog with a mild temperament. He is calm and likes everyone. He has no issues with the 5 cats in his foster home. He likes dogs as well, but had a little issue with aggression, not wanting to share his bone. He does not show food aggression at all. Oscar walks very well on a leash after the first couple minutes of correction. He rarely barks and doesn’t jump on people.
He is still working on potty training. The foster is using a belly band as part of his training. He does well when he is with his humans. He experiences anxiety when left alone or when confined, including in a crate. He will voluntarily sleep in his crate when the door is left open.
Oscar is eating well and is being fed 3 times a day to help him gain some weight. He is sooooo thin, having arrived to rescue as a stray. Oscar is looking for a loving home with someone home more often than not. Given some time and training, Oscar will be a loyal companion!
Oscar is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Oscar's adoption fee is $325. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Oscar fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Oscar
- Coat length: Short
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!