A.R.F. Pet ID:16303317 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
This delightfully charming young lady is Haliaka (hay-lee-ah-kah). Her name is Hawaiian and means “leader”.
Haliaka is estimated to be about 2 years old. She is super playful and active. She loves to chase little toys around the room, batting them all over the place. Haliaka enjoys the company of other cats. She was playing pawsies under the door of her foster home with resident cats and did very well once she met them. Like all cats, she will need a proper introductory period with other animals in the home. If you have another kitty at home who likes other cats then Haliaka would likely fit in very nicely. Haliaka enjoys human attention and will come over for pets and head scratches. She is very social and seems to enjoy human company.
Haliaka is a tree dweller of a cat! She loves to climb to the top of the cat tree and anything else that is up high. If you can't find her, look up!
Haliaka is microchipped, spayed and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Haliaka doesn’t mind her nails being trimmed. Haliaka may not be declawed.
You can check out facebook.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care.
Haliaka is a 2 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Haliaka's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Haliaka, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Haliaka
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
- Location: PetSmart - Darien
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!