A.R.F. Pet ID:16056422
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Pinot! Just like fine wine, she only gets better with age. This sweet girl found herself at the Chicago Animal Control after her owner was hospitalized and unable to return home. After taking a little time to decompress from shelter life, Pinot is now taking full advantage of all the luxuries of being in her foster home – like having her belly rubbed and getting lots of kisses.
If she could describe herself in three words, Pinot would say she is resilient, loving and gentle. She likes to spend her time lounging in her cat condo or cozy chair and enjoying a nice meal (while she loves all wet food, she eats dry kibble just fine and is not picky). Aside from eating, her favorite thing to do is snuggle! Pinot is the epitome of a lap cat and says her ‘purrfect match’ would be someone who likes to sit with her at night and give her pets and belly rubs. She has the softest fur and a quiet meow that she only uses when she’s excited about getting attention or when she knows she’s about to get breakfast/dinner.
Pinot pairs well with most things – although she’d be happiest in a quieter home where she can relax like the dignified gal she is. Kids can be a little too loud and unpredictable for her, so like the wine – adults only, please! Pinot has not spent any significant time with other cats or dogs in her foster home but seemed largely disinterested in the resident dog and would likely do well in a home with a cat-savvy canine. She also has impeccable manners (clean with her litter box, food/water and has not chewed/scratched where she shouldn’t) and is hoping to find a forever lap to snuggle into each night.
If you’re interested in learning more about Pinot, please reach out!
Pinot is a 7 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Pinot's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Pinot, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Pinot
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown (Mostly)
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: RZ
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!