River**NO MORE APPS**
A.R.F. Pet ID:15911460 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Catahoula Leopard Dog / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Baby
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: No
- Housetrained: No
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet River**NO MORE APPS**
River is an approximately 10 weeks old male Catahoula mix who weighs in at about 7 pounds. due to a past eye injury he may have limited vision in one eye but it in no way impacts his day to day activities and he is fully able to function.
River is a real sweetheart! He is great with kids of all ages and dogs of all sizes. He loves to cuddle and take a nap in your lap. He would make a great addition to any family.
This pup is micro-chipped and up to date on all vaccinations. ARF requires this pup to be neutered by 6 months of age. ARF will cover the cost of neuter if completed at Wheaton Animal Hospital by the date specified at time of adoption. The new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing. The pup's adoption fee is $350. Please note ARF does not approve applications for any puppy under 6 months of age to families that live outside of Illinois and/or beyond 100 miles of Wheaton or Glen Ellyn, IL. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting this pup fill out an online application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting. ARF is an all volunteer organization. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved. Thank you for your patience!
More Info About River**NO MORE APPS**
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: CP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!