A.R.F. Pet ID:15548667
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? No
Merlot just finished raising her 2nd litter of kittens. She was a protective and attentive mom, but now is ready to find her own forever home without having to share the family attention with her kittens. She is good with other cats, but she shouldn’t go to a family with small children. When she is scared, she will lash out. She talks A LOT and wants attention ALL of the time. If you don’t give it to her, she will go after your feet to make you notice her. She loves hugs, kisses, and pets, but not likely going to be a lap cat. Just a “I want to be in the same room as you” cat. Merlot will make a great companion to someone who has the time to give her attention and the patience to earn her undivided trust. Please consider being her “forever family and friend”.
Merlot is a 3 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Merlot's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Merlot, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Merlot
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: DL
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!