A.R.F. Pet ID:14104710
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Snowshoe / Mixed (short coat), Snowshoe
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? No
Koko was at a high kill shelter and the shelter said he was timid. When we got him, however, it was clear he was not just timid or scared, but feral. For 5 months he could not be touched unless his foster mom was wearing an oven mitt because he would bite and scratch anyone who tried to get near him. He has slowly been building trust with his foster mom and finally, in mid- February 2019, he allowed petting with a bare hand.
Koko has been in his foster home for one year and every month he has shown improvement! He now likes being petted, likes to cuddle on a lap, allows his nails to be clipped, and can run freely around his foster home. Koko loves rolling over and getting his belly rubbed too! He has always done well with other cats in the house and they frequently interact together. Koko is also used to the dogs in the house and doesn’t seem to pay them any mind. If people make fast movements, he can still be a little timid. His love nibbles are occasionally too hard, but they are truly love nibbles and not aggression.
His new family is going to need to be patient in order to build trust with Koko. Since he might nibble too hard, it is probably best that he not be in a house with small children. He is a fantastic cat who loves to play in the evening by tossing a toy around (which usually end up taking a swim in his water dish). If he does get too stressed or scared, Koko likes to be able to retreat to his cat cage so a safe area should always be available to him.
This beautiful boy is looking for a loving home where he can relax and live a pampered life!
is a 3 year old male who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered and litter box trained.
Koko‘s adoption fee is $150. If you are interested in meeting Koko, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Koko
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SLP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!