A.R.F. Pet ID:13803901 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Trapper John
This wonderful guy loves everyone. He has been with me for a year and a half. After being born on the streets of Chicago, he ended up at Chicago Animal Care and Control in rough shape. He came 2 siblings, one of which did not make it, the other lost an eye and has been adopted into a loving home. In our home he has learned the values of a dog and cat. He has become one of the most loving animals that has gone through our home. He unfortunately is still looking for a home that will love and accept him. If anybody could find some space in their home and heart for this amazing cat apply for him through ARF Illinois.
Unfortunately Trapper John has some medical issues that had been caused from when he contracted feline herpes. This has led him to have a snotty nose and swelling in his eyes that he occasionally needs drops for. He also gets supplements to help his immune system. His herpes is not transferable to dogs or humans. Adult cats will be fine if they have been vaccinated.
Trapper John is a 1.5 year old male who is neutered, micro-chipped, up to date on vaccinations, and litter box trained.
Trapper John's adoption fee is $75. If you are interested in meeting Trapper John, you can fill out an Online Adoption Application.
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting with the cat. Filling out the application does not obligate you in any way.
More Info About Trapper John
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: JLy
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!