A.R.F. Pet ID:18988899 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 1/30/2021)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Reef is his name, and biscuits are his game. This sweet gentleman was rescued in Chicago as a part of a Trap, Neuter, and Return project, which is why his ear is tipped. After spending some time inside, Reef decided he liked the safety and warmth of indoor life much better! He is a very productive biscuit maker; air biscuits are his specialty.
Reef loves the simple pleasures in life; a spot on a cat tree or perch by a window, and someone to give him lots of pets and head scratches. Reef is a calm hunk who enjoys an equally calm environment. Reef was previously in a home with a small dog and several other animals. We think he would do well in an environment where he wouldn’t need to compete for your attention! We were told he might be amenable to walking outside wearing a harness and leash. We haven’t had the chance to test that since it has been so cold, but we think he’d love it. You can see more pictures and videos of Reef on the foster’s Instagram @HotelDenny
Reef is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Reef’s adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Reef, please fill out our online adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Reef
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!