A.R.F. Pet ID:9573167
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Hound / Shepherd / Mixed (short coat), Shepherd
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Wilbur is a 4.5 year old neutered male hound/shepherd mix. Wilbur was originally adopted as a puppy from ARF in February 2016. Unfortunately his prey drive has made it difficult for the elderly cats in his home and he is in need of a new home, without cats present.
Wilbur is a great dog - gentle with humans, especially senior citizens using canes or walkers, and plays well with other dogs at dog park. He loves food and his treats and is very gentle taking food by hand. Wilbur will bark at mail carriers and UPS deliveries but quiets when told. When walking, he will try to pull in the first few minutes until he gets his 'scenting' fix, then he calms down. Due to his breed (hound) he has a 'prey' instinct and chases smaller animals, including trying to get the senior cats in his home.
Wilbur loves daily walks and playing in his yard. He sleeps well on his dog bed at night and for naps during the day.
Wilbur is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing. Wilbur's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Wilbur fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Wilbur
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Coat length: Short
- Obedience training: Has Basic Training
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!