A.R.F. Pet ID:20169073 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 9/23/2023)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Fast like a gazelle, soft as a bunny and sweet as cotton candy, this girl is the whole package. Topeka is a very playful girl that loves any toy she can get her paws on. Her tiny kitten energy is endless. She especially likes wand toys and balls that she can chase, but the laser pointer is, by far, her favorite. She and her siblings can wrestle with the best of them. When the energy levels fade, she loves to curl up in a nice warm lap, or a cute little cuddle puddle with her siblings. She loves any pets she can get, and likes to be brushed.
Topeka is part of our "state capitals" group and came to ARF from a home with MANY cats. She is used to having feline companionship and needs to be adopted into a home with other cats. Don't have any other cats? No worries! She has several siblings up for adoption as well....Bismarck, Denver, Atlanta and Albany. She would do great with kids of any age and dogs.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Topeka would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Topeka is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Topeka's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting her, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
Please note ARF does not approve applications for any kitten under 6 months of age to families that live outside of Illinois and/or beyond 100 miles of Wheaton or Glen Ellyn, IL.
More Info About Topeka
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: White (Mostly)
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!