A.R.F. Pet ID:19987537 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Young (born on 2/17/2023)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
If personal space is something that you value, Chestnut is NOT the cat for you. This adorable kitty is an in-your-face kind of guy. He needs all of the snuggles. No really.....ALL of them, and all of the attention. He is the definition of "lap cat". Cheek rubs, chin scratches, head kisses...all favorites of his. And all the while you're giving him his favorite things, he'll return the favor with lots of kisses and loads of biscuits. Sooooo many biscuits. And don't forget the purrs. He has tons of those for you too!
Outside of being a complete love bug, Chestnut is a playful guy. He loves toys and will often walk over to the toy box and pick out his favorite things to play with. Wand toys, catnip mice and springs are just some of his favorites. After tiring out from playing, no surprise that he loves nothing more than cuddling with his people. Naps in the sunshine are a second favorite activity.
There is honestly nothing negative that can be said about this guy. He has so much to offer and wants nothing but love in return. He will make an amazing companion to his new forever family. He loves attention, from kids and adults alike. He seems to be fine with other cats, but we've not seen how he reacts to dogs. Given his laid back nature, he would probably do just fine given a proper introduction.
Chestnut currently resides at the Oswego PetSmart, 350 Fifth St, while he waits for his forever family to find him. Come by and check him out. He can't wait for you to love on him!
Chestnut is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Chestnut's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting him, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Chestnut
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Location: PetSmart - Oswego
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!