Thunder & Lightning (bonded pair)
A.R.F. Pet ID:19898477 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 9/3/2023)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Thunder & Lightning (bonded pair)
Thunder and Lightning are a bonded brother and sister duo. They were found alone in a storm drain in Southern Illinois during a bad storm. When they came to us the following week, you would have never known that they had such a hard start to life. They are very social, friendly, sweet, happy kids who are very curious about the world outside the foster room at their foster home. They try really hard to interact with the resident cats, and they warm up to visitors quickly. They love toys, and they are very energetic. They love to wrestle with each other! When they’re ready to nap, their mom’s lap is the only place they want to snuggle up and sleep. They love both dry and wet food, and they’re vocal when they want more food. They are very attached to each other, and always need to know where the other is. For such young kittens, they are very alert and should adjust to a new home very easily, even if you have other pets. If you want to see more of them, they are regularly featured on their mom’s Instagram page, @gloriawarshaw.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Thunder & Lightning would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Thunder & Lightning are microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed/neutered, and litter box trained. Thunder & Lightning's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Thunder & Lightning, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Thunder & Lightning (bonded pair)
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black (Mostly)
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: GW
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!