A.R.F. Pet ID:19876545 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Baby (born on 9/10/2023)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Sage is just as sweet as she looks! She is a very social, playful girl. She loves to play with toys and will often carry her favorite poofy balls around in her mouth so that none of her furry friends can get them. She loves climbing high into their cat tree to look out the window and taking nice long naps in the sun. She came to ARF all by herself....no siblings and no momma. She was very lonely, but made friends very quickly. Her absolute favorite playmates are her foster siblings, who are just a week younger than her. She has tons of kitten energy and can play like no other. After a nice long romp, she loves to curl up in a nice warm lap, or in a cute little cuddle puddle with her buddies. She loves belly rubs and will roll over onto her back to ask for them. She enjoys being carried around and loves to snuggle up against you inside a nice soft hoodie or blanket. She really has such a great personality and just the cutest little meow.
Sage would do well with gentle children of any age. The more attention she can get, the better. Since she is so young, she would really need a home with another furry friend for her to play with. She would do great with either a cat or dog. At her young age, introducing her to a gentle doggie friend would be a quick adjustment. Kittens can really learn to get along with just about any other animal pretty easily. Her foster siblings are getting adopted soon, and she'll once again be all alone, so don't wait! She would be an amazing addition to any home.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Sage would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Sage is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Sage's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting her, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Sage
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!