A.R.F. Pet ID:19680737 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 5/25/2023)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Schmooze is a chill guy, with a love for kisses and snuggles. He's probably the most laid back kitten we've seen in awhile. He is the best cuddler and just loves to be loved. He enjoys chin scratches, kisses on his head and cheeks, and belly rubs. There's really no place that he doesn't like to be pet. He is a politely chatty guy with a cute little meow, which he uses to let you know when he needs your attention.
Schmooze also has a fun, playful side. He enjoys toys and loves to chase his fellow fosters. His favorite toys are wand toys and springs that he can chase. Laser pointers are also great fun. He likes to spend time high up in his cat tree, perched by a window where he can watch the world go by. Naps in the sunshine are great, but nothing comes close to how much he loves to curl up in your arms for a nice nap. He has a great purr, especially when you hold him like a baby and rub the bridge of his nose. Something about it makes him fall right asleep.
Schmooze was found wandering alone in someone's backyard. We're not sure as to the fate of the rest of his family. All we know is that he was very scared to be all by himself. He really likes to be where his people are and doesn't really like to be alone. Because of that, he would do best in a home with another kitty that he can snuggle and play with. He gets along great with other cats and although he hasn't interacted with any dogs, his demeanor tells us that he would probably do just fine with a doggy friend. He does great with kids of any age and would make an amazing addition to any family. Can he join yours??
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Schmooze would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Schmooze is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained. Schmooze 's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting Schmooze, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Schmooze
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Foster: MF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!