A.R.F. Pet ID:19648745 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Long Hair (long coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 7/10/2023)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
Maine here and I am the only boy in a family with two female siblings. I am a needy kitten. I have the need for speed, no I'm kidding, I have the need for a lot of attention. I want your attention all of the time. I probably need another kitty in the family already (or adopt one of my siblings with me). That way you will likely eat and sleep in peace, no promises. I hold onto my foster mom's leg when she gets near the door begging her not to leave. I just absolutely thrive on human interaction. If my foster sits down, I scurry up to be on her shoulder and nuzzle my head in her neck and hair. If she is standing I put my two front paws on her legs and look up with my puppy dog, ahem I mean, kitty cat eyes until she picks me up to snuggle or plays with a string toy with me. If you don't mind a cat that really wants to be included in every aspect of your life then look no further than me. I am an absolute joy and love and you will never feel alone with me in your life. My foster mom says they do not come much sweeter than me!
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Maine would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Maine is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Maine's adoption fee is $165. If you are interested in meeting him, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Maine
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Long
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Foster: MF
- Location: PetSmart Naperville - 111th
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!