A.R.F. Pet ID:19585973 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Shih Tzu (medium coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Annie is a 4-5 year old female Shih Tzu. Annie is a puppy mill mom who came to ARF very pregnant. Her pup has been adopted and mom is ready to start her new life. She will need a family that will give her space and time to adjust to life. Annie requests a fenced in yard and another dog to keep her company so she feels more comfortable. Annie has done well at going outside to potty. Her foster has still not been able to pet her, but she has not been aggressive. She just hasn’t figured out yet that we won’t hurt her. Do you have the love and patience in your heart and home to help Annie learn about all the good things in life?
Annie is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations and spayed. This dog's new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
The adoption fee for this pet is $450. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting this dog fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Annie
- Coat length: Medium
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Foster: LMo
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!