A.R.F. Pet ID:19069004 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Maltese (medium coat)
- Age: Senior
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: No
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Our little Piper is a 9 year old puppy mill survivor. She is a beautiful, petite 7 pound purebred Maltese.
Piper wants to explore her environment and will follow her foster Mom around the house but returns to her crate quickly if approached. Chicken is her ‘wonder drug’ and will take this treat from Mom’s hand. Piper stiffly allows Mom and visitors to handle her.
A quiet and patience environment is needed for this little girl.
Piper is in a household with a cat and there are no issues (she does not chase him). There is also a large labrador retriever in the home which she ‘puts up with’. Piper also has 2 Maltese foster siblings that she would like to interact with if they would allow.
Piper needs her quiet spot (a private area for her bed or an open crate for security that is never closed. She is working on her pee pad training.
Piper is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Piper's adoption fee is $450. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Piper fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Piper
- Coat length: Medium
- Reaction to new people: Cautious
- Foster: KD
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!