A.R.F. Pet ID:18966081 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Chihuahua / Mixed (long coat)
- Age: Senior
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
Ginger is an affectionate 12 pound adult female wire haired Chihuahua mix. She is 10 years old. She came from a family home. After her owner died she came up from Southern Illinois and is now looking for a new forever home. Ginger is healthy, housetrained, good on walks, gets along with other dogs and is mellow. She would likely be ok with cats and kids, but this has not been observed while with ARF. She likes to be close to her human and sleeps in bed with her foster family. She would do well in a single person household or with a family. She loves one on one time but is also fine just going to sleep nearby. Her coat is wirey and she is good with taking a bath and being brushed. She has a fun topknot of hair. She is a great companion and would be a loving partner in life.
Ginger is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Ginger's adoption fee is $375. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Ginger fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Ginger
- Coat length: Long
- Foster: CA
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!