A.R.F. Pet ID:18766194 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair
- Age: (born on 11/22/2021)
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
My name is MOSS and I’m just about a year old. I am a cuddly kitty in my own way, but like a lot of cats, I need to get to know you first. I was abandoned as a kitten -- I’m sure you can imagine the trust issues that creates! So I will be a bit timid at first. I love food, love to run around and play with anything that rolls. Wand toys are fun too. And toy mice and tunnels! I love to come to you for pets, especially cheek and chin scratches, and I’ll rub up against you. I’m very affection-ate like that. And very uncomfortable if you try to pick me up. Wish I could explain why. Once I’m comfortable in my new home – and with you – I will be more relaxed. Another easygoing cat around my age could be nice – as long as I’m the ‘alpha’ cat. I’m good friends with Vivian – take us both! I’m very interested in dogs too. I am looking for a home that’s not too busy or noisy. Not a lot of visitors. A well-behaved, gentle kid 12+ is okay, especially if they like to play with me (and won’t pick me up)!
Moss can be seen at the Aurora Petsmart (976 N. Rt. 59).
Moss is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained. Moss's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting him, please fill out our Online Application today! Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Moss
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Foster: KaBa
- Location: PetSmart - Aurora
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!