A.R.F. Pet ID:18715705 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 11/8/2020)
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: High
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
We don’t know much about Silver’s backstory, but we do know when he was found he had to be hospitalized right away, and he stayed there for a week due to his fur being spray painted. ARF is not sure when/how his tail was removed, but it seems to have been done before being rescued.
Silver came to ARF underweight, underloved and with some respiratory issues from breathing in all that spray paint. We don’t know who would want to spray paint a cat, but we do know Silver is fully recovered and ready to find his person/people.
Silver is fearless (doesn’t even mind baths!) and will explore every inch of his new home. He’s the typical cat that loves to knock items off tables and play with blind cords. His new home should have lots of toys to keep him entertained and release his energy; or have a patient friend to play with.
When Silver is not running around, he loves to nuzzle up into a humans neck and enjoy some pets. He makes an excellent cuddle buddy and soaks up all the attention he can get. He has so much love to give despite his rough past with humans.
Silver is a high energy cat for his estimated age of 2 years. ARF recommends his forever home has some experience with cats.
Silver is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Silver's adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Silver, please fill out our
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Silver
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Black and White
- Coat length: Short
- Grooming needs: Low
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: High
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Owner experience required: Species
- Foster: AA
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!