A.R.F. Pet ID:18130319 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Hound / Labrador Retriever / Mixed (short coat), Labrador Retriever
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Skeeter is a one-year old, 40 pound, hound/lab mix of sweet dog and when he wags his tail, his whole behind wags with it with utter joy! Skeeter is still a puppy and likes to bark at his reflection in the window and will need some help with house training and walking on a leash. He is sensitive to new people, smells and sounds and yet after he warms up to you, you will have a forever friend. He is good with other dogs when given some time to warm up. He has not been observed with cats. Skeeter is crate trained and has done well when around children. He has a sweet and shy temperament and very willingly rolls over to have his belly rubbed. Skeeter is ready for a forever home where he can bring joy and love.
Skeeter is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Skeeter's adoption fee is $400. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Skeeter fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Skeeter
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: BD
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!