A.R.F. Pet ID:17980012 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Chihuahua / Dachshund / Mixed (short coat), Dachshund
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Joy is a 3 year old Chiweenie who weighs approximately 12 pounds. Joy is an amazingly cuddly dog that just wants to hang out with her people and asks for belly rubs. She is a very timid pup, especially when it comes to other dogs, but she has always warmed up to them after a while (one week or so). She prefers a quieter neighborhood, and will bark if things get noisy. Joy is very food-motivated and has amazing recall which is helpful during her exploration trips. She is very happy to be in a nice home and is looking forward to her very own forever home.
Joy is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housetrained and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Joy's adoption fee is $375. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Joy fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Joy
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: YP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!