A.R.F. Pet ID:17952202 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Adult (born on 4/20/2020)
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Hi, they call me HAGRID – though I’m nowhere near as immense as the Harry Potter character! I will come when you call me, or tap on your leg or the couch. Love to be next to you or on you – I’m a Lap Cat! Very sweet, gentle, quiet, and good-natured. I adore brushing, head pets, cheek and chin scratches, and gentle belly rubs – and I purr a lot. Not sure about cats or dogs, but if you have an easygoing cat or a calm dog, a proper intro should make it okay. I’m fine with a well-behaved, gentle kid 6+ and would LOVE to have a family! I’m actually a great homework companion and will listen when you read to me. My favorite toys are things that wiggle (pipe cleaners, feather wands, and toy mice). I will do best in a home that's not too busy or noisy. Take me home?? **
Hagrid can be seen at Pet Supplies Plus (720 E. Ogden Rd., Naperville).
He is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
His adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Hagrid, fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Hagrid
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: Moderate
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Moderate
- Needs a yard: No
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Not Required
- Likes to vocalize: Some
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Owner experience required: Species
- Foster: DT
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!