Linus -- UPDATED!
A.R.F. Pet ID:17597204 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby / Mixed (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Adult (born on 6/10/2013)
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Linus -- UPDATED!
Hello, I’m LINUS. I am both independent and want to be wherever you are. I’m an up close and personal cat. I enjoy watching TV cartoons from your lap! I can be quite vocal if there’s something important to tell you, so be sure you’re fine with a chatty cat. I love to play, and like to walk around with a toy in my mouth, talking the whole time. You’ll have to hide the tissues. They’re yummy – but don’t sit well in my tummy. I don't like car rides and will tell you all about it. If you’ve got things to do, I’ll sleep in some sunshine. I’ve been in a foster home with 3 cats and we’re all good friends. Not sure about a dog, but a calm one who doesn’t bark much is probably okay. A well-behaved, gentle kid 8+ is fine. I like routines and peace and quiet. Do you too? **
Linus is currently in a foster home getting a well-deserved cage break. We can bring him to Pet Supplies Plus (720 E. Ogden, Naperville) if you'd like to meet him!
He is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
His adoption fee is $135. If you are interested in meeting Linus, fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Linus -- UPDATED!
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Energy level: Moderate
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Moderate
- Needs a yard: No
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Not Required
- Likes to vocalize: Some
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Owner experience required: Species
- Foster: DSber
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!