A.R.F. Pet ID:17154492 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Medium Hair (medium coat)
- Age: Baby (born on 7/5/2021)
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Wildfire received his name because of his fur sticking straight out from his tiny body not from him being a crazy kitten. He loves to play by chasing balls and toy mice around the room as well as sending balls around a track. However more than playing, he loves to be loved. He has the biggest and most consistent purr pouring out from him as he is being held and pet. In fact sometimes he purrs as you enter the room because he knows he is about to get the attention he is longing for. Wildfire has no fear and makes fast friends with everyone and everything. 70 pound dog vs. 2.2 pound kitten, at their first meeting Wildfire grooms the dog and nuzzles her face. Every cat and person he has met is his immediate friend. He can’t wait to meet you and show you his zest for life!
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Wildfire would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
>Wildfire is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed/neutered, and litter box trained.
Wildfire's adoption fee is $150. If you are interested in meeting Wildfire, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Wildfire
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange and White
- Coat length: Medium
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Reaction to new people: Friendly
- Foster: MF
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!