A.R.F. Pet ID:16690292 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Boxer / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Looking for a cuddler? A lap dog? A fetch partner? A shadow? Someone to adore you and to give all of your love and attention to? You've found her! Madison is all of those things and more! This precious 2-3 year old Boxer mix girl weighs approximately 40 pounds and is solid love.
Maddie had a rough beginning, having been a mama a number of times in her short life and was not treated as a beloved family member. She can be a bit timid at first but once she gives her love and trust she's all in! Update 4/16/21: This morning Maddie realized that she can pick up the tennis ball when thrown and run like she was shot out of a cannon with it in her mouth! She is learning how to have fun!
Maddie mostly tolerates the other dog and cat in her foster home but would prefer to be the only pet and receive ALL the love and attention. She loves children ages 10 and up who are sturdy enough to handle her over-exuberant excitement at playing with them and who know when she's had enough. Her foster mom gives her free run of the house while away at work and there have been no accidents in the house nor inappropriate chewing. She is coming out of her shell at her foster home and learning to be playful. She is timid with new people but her desire for affection eventually wins over her fear.
Madison is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Madison's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Madison fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Madison
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Coat length: Short
- Eye color: Gold
- Energy level: Moderate
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Exercise needs: Moderate
- Needs a yard: No
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Not Required
- Likes to vocalize: Quiet
- Obedience training: Requires Obedience Training
- Reaction to new people: Cautious
- Foster: Kim
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!