A.R.F. Pet ID:16629353 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Senior
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? No
- Good with Dogs? No
Hi I'm Niko! I am an owner surrender because my owner moved back home and I didn’t get along with the current cat. I love to face rub on things and I love people petting me. I'm OK being picked up but I don't really like when people hold me. I love to sleep at your feet or next to your pillow. I have had a home for a long time and don’t understand where my family went. I will be fine once I get used to someone new. l am super sweet once I warm up and have a chance to get comfortable. I am looking for a quiet home with no other pets. Will you give me a chance?
Niko is an 8 year old male who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Niko's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Niko, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Niko
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Tuxedo
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: MF
- Location: PetSmart - Darien
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!