A.R.F. Pet ID:16572622 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
Ranger is a gorgeous two year old short haired gray male. He came to ARF via animal control after he was left with his brother in an apartment after his family moved out. Even though he was abandoned, he is very friendly! Within minutes at his foster home he was rubbing up against his foster mom and exploring his new room. He is also a lap cat and will crawl into your lap for hugs and snuggles. He is so delightfully charming and sweet. He likes to play with toys, but the would much rather be snuggling in your lap. He is truly one of the sweetest cats you’ll meet.
Despite living with his brother for his entire life, it would be best if he was adopted alone and live in a one cat household or with another submissive cat. His brother was a bit territorial about food with him, which perhaps is due to both brothers not being neutered or the pair not being taken care of earlier in their lives. Ranger was cowering in fear from his brother and was quickly separated at his foster home. It would be best for him to be in a home where he doesn’t have to be fearful of other cats picking on him. He is super sweet with humans and gets along with dogs! He has briefly met other cats at his foster home and was perfectly fine with them.
Ranger is a 2 year old male who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, neutered, and litter box trained.
Ranger's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Ranger, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Ranger
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Gray, Blue or Silver Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: NP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!