A.R.F. Pet ID:16484694 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Gracie is around 9 months old. She came to ARF with her sisters, Evie and Greta. Gracie is a bit shy at first, but once she gets a chance to know you, she will warm right up! After only a few days in her foster home, she started running to the door to greet her foster family when they come to see her. She absolutely loves to have her chin and her belly rubbed. It may be hard to see from the pictures, but right in the middle of her belly, she has a light brown circle of fur, with dark brown spots, which we affectionately refer to as her “chocolate chip cookie”. Like her sisters, Gracie isn’t your typical lap cat and doesn’t love being held for too long so far, but nonetheless, she will provide endless hours of companionship to any family. And who knows, given time to get comfy in her new home, she may prove to be a lap cat after all.
Gracie likes playing with toys, her favorites being fishing pole toys. She likes to watch them move along the floor and stalk them like prey and pounce on them. She also enjoys spending a relaxing day in her cat tree, either way up high on a perch, or tucked away in a cubby hole. Gracie has two sisters, Evie and Greta. She really loves their company and would be very happy to go home with either (or both!) of them. Gracie is the kind of kitty that would do best with a companion to keep her company, either another kitty, or someone that is home with her so that she isn’t lonely. She does well with kids, but has not had any exposure to dogs.
Gracie is a 9 month old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Gracie's adoption fee is $110. If you are interested in meeting Gracie, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Gracie
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: KCh
- Location: PetSmart - Wheaton
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!