A.R.F. Pet ID:16427699 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Baby
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Villanelle is a sweet, loving, playful, and mischievous kitten who began her foster journey at ARF after being relinquished to a shelter with her sister, Nikko[le], and her mom, Eve. When Villanelle got to her fosters house, she and her family were very sick. And even though they were sick, they were the most loving and friendly bunch of cats/kittens from the very beginning. It was easy to see that Villanelle once had a human family who loved and cared for her very much, as she is comfortable with humans and enjoys receiving pets from her loved ones. Villanelle also tends to be quite chatty when you are giving her some love and she is happiest when she is able to play. Because Villanelle is such an explorer and loves to search for fun, it is likely she will be best in a household with another cat or adopted out with another kitten, as she will benefit from the distraction of another fuzzy companion. Villanelle has one littermate who also has not yet been adopted, which is another female kitten, named Nikko[le], who she loves to tackle, wrestle, play, and cuddle with. If you are interested in two kittens, they would make a great pair to be adopted together!
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Villanelle would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Villanelle is a 5 month old female who is microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Villanelle's adoption fee is $150. If you are interested in meeting Villanelle, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Villanelle
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Foster: JBie
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!