Dusty and Sandy
A.R.F. Pet ID:16376070 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Meet Dusty and Sandy
Hi, my name is Dusty. My sister Sandy and I are looking for a forever home. We are a 8 month old brother/sister pair that love each other very much.
Our favorite thing to do is run around and play! Almost everything is a toy for us. We run, jump, and tackle each other... then find a ball, spring, or mouse toy to bat around. I’m a little more adventurous than my sister. I’m the first one to climb the new cat tree, greet a strange cat or dog, or explore a newly opened closet. But she is right there behind me!
We are also super affectionate. We climb all over people and purr, maybe nibble on their fingers or toes a bit. Our foster parents have a 2 year old girl who loves to play with us. We climb all over her, let her pet us, and get excited when she chases us. My sister Sandy loves her so much that she sleeps outside of her room at night.
We get along with EVERYONE. Our foster’s dog chases us a bit and we are okay with it. We have tons of cats that we try to play with (and sometimes don’t succeed). We take direction from other cats very well. When they don’t want to play with us, they will tap us on the head and we move on. Sometimes I get a little excited in the heat of the moment and think they are running to play with me, but I learn my lesson.
We encourage you to consider adopting kittens in pairs! There are several reasons why Dusty and Sandy would do good with a friend, including:
- Two kittens keep each other entertained - they will play and get all their energy out on each other in time for snuggles with you!
- Having two kittens to play with each other prevents potential "I'm lonely and bored" behavioral issues.
- Watching two kittens wrestle is quite possibly the cutest thing you will ever see.
- The kittens will teach each other "how to cat" and learn to be more social with humans and people.
- You'll save two lives instead of one!
Dusty and Sandy are 8 month old brother/sister siblings who are microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed/neutered, and litter box trained.
Dusty and Sandy's combined adoption fee is $220. If you are interested in meeting Dusty and Sandy, please fill out our online kitten adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/ today!
Once your application has been approved, an A.R.F. volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Dusty and Sandy
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Orange and White
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor Only
- Foster: NP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!