A.R.F. Pet ID:16203053 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tabby (short coat), Tabby
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Hi! I am Dixie, a new mom, who a few months ago had four beautiful kittens. Then, I adopted two more into my litter as they didn’t have a mom. And, boy, did I socialize, nurture and love them all! My favorite thing to do besides hang out and talk to you, is to eat. I am very food motivated and with treats am yours forever! I am pretty smart, if I do say so myself, as my foster mom says I am the only cat she has ever seen use my paws to get every last bit of food out of my bowl. Some cats leave food that gets all dried out and yucky since they cannot get to it, but not me! I figured it out and my bowl is always super clean . I am a young (one year old), very laid back and beautiful torbie. I have big, beautiful eyes, am quite regal and I’m a great communicator, able to talk and tell you exactly what I need by my different meows and trills. I like to watch birdie shows on TV when I am just hanging out, so a TV or window hopefully isn’t too much to ask for. I’m a little shy at 1st with new people but it doesn’t take me long to warm up. I’m not sure about dogs or small children yet, but I’m good with other cats, once I get to know them, and of course, love to be hang out with my people, just chilling. You need to meet me to believe me!
Dixie is a 1 year old female who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Dixie's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Dixie, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Dixie
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: KCh
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!