A.R.F. Pet ID:16159715
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Chihuahua / Mixed (medium coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
Meet Lil Red
My name is Lil Red and I'm a spayed female Chihuahua Mix. I'm 10 months old & weigh a whopping 10 pounds. I arrived with my friend Dash. I like lots of attention and I get jealous when Dash gets attention. Me, me, me, give me attention. I am spunky, have lots of energy, and love to be held. Initially I am shy and timid around new people and dogs. I get scared easily and sometimes too excited and pee a little inside the house. Dash and I go on walks together and while I can be all over the place sniffing, I don't like to get too far ahead of Dash and will wait for her. If you keep the leash short, I will stay nicely by you. Dash and I sleep together in a crate and we like being with each other for comfort. I would love to be adopted with Dash, but we should do ok on our own too. A fenced in yard would be wonderful to have. I only bark when outside and another dog walks by. I'll protect the property once I know it is my home. I am shy around new people & dogs, but will warm up to you when I know you're my furever home.
Little Red is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and spayed. Her new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Little Red's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Lil Red fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Lil Red
- Coat length: Medium
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!