A.R.F. Pet ID:16152969
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Beautiful Kekoa came to ARF with her 4 kittens. We couldn’t resist the picture of her with her arms spread out as if to protect them from anything bad in the world. Her babies have all found homes of their own and now it’s time for this super mom to find her own home.
Kekoa is about 1.5 years old. She is super playful and active! She loves to chase little toys around the room, batting them all over the place. Kekoa seems to like being with other cats! She is currently being fostered with another mama kitty Akahele. They very much enjoy each other’s company and do very well together. Kekoa could be adopted as a pair with Akahele, but it is not a requirement. If you have another kitty at home who likes other cats then Kekoa would likely fit in very nicely. Kekoa enjoys human attention and will come over for pets and chin scratches. She’s not exactly a lap cat, but she doesn’t mind being picked up and held.
Kekoa is microchipped, spayed and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Kekoa doesn’t mind her nails being trimmed – she’s not a fan of being held for long periods of time so it’s a challenge to cut them all at once, but she doesn’t seem to care at all if you trim her nails. Kekoa may not be declawed.
You can check out facebook.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care.
Kekoa is a 1.5 year old female (as of 11/2020) who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Kekoa's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Kekoa, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Kekoa
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Calico or Dilute Calico
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!