A.R.F. Pet ID:16041664 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Great Pyrenees / Mixed (medium coat)
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: No
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
Meet Tundra, a 4 year old Great Pyrenees mix big boy who wants to be your companion but is also an independent thinker! He’s a happy and friendly dog, who just needs a little guidance. If he’s in the house, he wants to be around you. He will leave occasionally to check out sounds he hears, but enjoys laying by and with you. If you’re in a new environment, he wants to explore and gets excited. A backyard with a fence is required as he likes to be outdoors and loves running around. When on a leash, he tends to pull if using a collar or harness. He’s pretty strong, but we’ve found he does well on a gentle leader, although he’s not a big fan of it. He does really well with other dogs and would do well with another dog in the house to help guide him, but it is not necessary. He loves chewing on bones and playing with toys, especially the soft/fluffy ones. He does occasional resource guard his toys. He responds well to positive reinforcement and is very food motivated.
Tundra is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered as of 9/16/20. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Tundra's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Tundra fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Tundra
- Coat length: Medium
- Energy level: Moderate
- Exercise needs: Moderate
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Foster: HP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!