A.R.F. Pet ID:16035488
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Italian Greyhound / Chihuahua / Mixed (short coat), Chihuahua
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Small
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: No
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Loki is a 3 year old neutered male Italian Greyhound/Chihuahua mix who weighs in at a lanky 9 pounds. Here is what he wants you to know about him:
I am a sweet boy who is very shy when I meet new people, but I warm up pretty quickly, especially if you put me on your warm lap. I tend to be cold pretty much all the time. I will do better if you have a fenced yard as I tend to wander off and really prefer to do my business when not on a leash. I will need continued help with house-training, as my breed makes me a bit stubborn. I am good with other dogs, and cats are ok - I do like to chase them, but don't mean them any harm. I have not figured out what these things the humans keep tossing at me
are, but it seems like they think I should play with them - I am not sure about all that, we’ll see. . . I really like bed time because then I can crawl under the covers and get real toasty warm. I sleep all night long when I am warm and toasty!! During the day I just want to follow my human around and be near them wherever they go. The car is good, scooter rides are kind of fun too, if the human is doing it I will try it. I am really skinny and at first just wanted human food but I discovered the humans also have really good dog food and am starting to eat that now too.
Loki is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Loki's adoption fee is $350. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting $350 fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Loki
- Color: Gray/Silver/Salt & Pepper with White
- Coat length: Short
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Reaction to new people: Cautious
- Foster: CG
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!