A.R.F. Pet ID:15911592
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair / Tortoiseshell (short coat), Tortoiseshell
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Dogs? No
- Good with Kids? No
Akahele came to ARF earlier this summer when she was a very pregnant cat. As it turns out, when she was turned into the shelter who sent her to us, she had come in with a litter of older kittens and she was ALREADY PREGNANT AGAIN! So she’s had at least 2 litters of kittens in the last 6 month – whew – it is hard being a mama cat!
Akahele gave birth to her very last litter of kittens 2.5 months ago and now she’s ready for a home of her own. Her name means “cautious” in Hawaiian and this describes her in one word better than any other word could. She is cautious when we enter her room, she is cautious when we get up to get food, or pick up trash, or leave the room. She is not mean or un-friendly. When we sit on the floor with her she comes over and flops over on her back so she can have her belly rubbed. Her fur is incredibly soft - it’s worth the wait for her to trust you!
We do recommend that Akahele go to a quieter home. One without children and lots of activity. She would be perfectly content to hang out with you and be spoiled the rest of her life, but in a home that will respect her need to participate on her own terms.
Akahele is microchipped, spayed and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Akahele will let us trim her nails while she is rolling around on the floor. Akahele may not be declawed.
You can check out facebook.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care.
Akahele is a 1.5 year old female (as of 10/2020) who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Akahele's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Akahele, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Akahele
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Tortoiseshell
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!