Loki**NO MORE APPS**
A.R.F. Pet ID:15755284 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Dutch Shepherd / Mixed (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Large
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Good with Dogs? Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Meet Loki**NO MORE APPS**
Meet Loki — the Dutch shepherd mix who’s around one year old and weighs in at 60 pounds. Loki is an energetic boy that spends most of the day playing with toys. He loves all types of toys and bones and can keep himself busy with them. He loves to explore the outdoors — a back yard would be good for him but he would be fine taking walks around your neighborhood. Loki still has puppy tendencies and is doing well with his training thus far. He is very food motivated, which is great for training, however, beware of leaving food on the counter because he will do anything to get it! 🙂 When Loki is excited he jumps sometimes, but he listens when you tell him “no/off” then “sit”. He’s a bit mouthy when playing with other dogs and when trying to get your attention, but again a simple “no” and he’ll switch over to licking you. Given this,
he would do best with older children if present.
He gets along well with other dogs and would do well with an adult dog that is already trained, given he follows other dogs behaviors and looks to them (and you) for guidance. He thinks he’s a lap dog and LOVES to cuddle, especially when it’s bedtime.
Loki is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, partially housebroken and neutered. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Loki's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Loki fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Loki**NO MORE APPS**
- Coat length: Short
- Foster: HP
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!