A.R.F. Pet ID:15723932 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
She might look like an adult cat but Kalama is really just a giant kitten. We estimate that Kalama is around 10 months old. She is incredibly playful and super friendly. Kalama loves to meet new people and will follow her foster family around the house to see what they are doing and see if it is something she can help with. She’s almost like a puppy trailing after people. She was a little cranky at first with the other animals in her foster home but after a few days she has no issues with the resident cats. She will need time in her forever home to acclimate to any resident animals but we do not anticipate any issues.
Kalama came to ARF as a pregnant cat. She gave birth to 5 beautiful babies in mid June, but sadly her babies did not survive. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes and we don’t know why. Kalama has been evaluated by our vet and is very healthy. We are thankful that this was her last litter and she will never have to go through that again.
Kalama is microchipped, spayed and up to date on her vaccines. With your adoption you will receive a certificate for a free exam with one of our veterinary partners. Kalama is excellent about sitting nicely for nail trims and does very well with scratching posts. Kalama may not be declawed.
You can check out facebook.com/Kittenville.il where her foster mom has documented her time in foster care.
Kalama is a ten month old female (as of 6/2020) who is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained.
Kalama's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting Kalama, please fill out our Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Kalama
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Color: Calico or Dilute Calico
- Coat length: Short
- Declawed: No
- Foster: SO
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!