A.R.F. Pet ID:15706178
- Species: Dog
- Breed: Shetland Sheepdog Sheltie / Border Collie / Mixed (long coat), Border Collie
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
- Size Potential: Medium
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Kids? Older or considerate kids only
Blaze is a 5 year old male Shetland sheepdog/border collie mix, with a gentle and affectionate personality and endearing smile. He loves taking rides in the wagon to the park where he can run leash-free, snuggling with his humans, napping on the patio, fluffing his bed at night and snacking on cheese. He's curious and always interested in what his humans are doing- he will frequently tilt his head and smile as he looks to figure out what you're up to. He is working on leash training and currently is very hesitant to walk on a leash in the city but has shown some improvement and does well on an extendable leash in a quieter environment (suburbs). He would do best with a yard where he can roam and play off leash. Blaze requires eye drops and gel a few times a day for treatment of dry eye. He had a rough start to life and is a very timid guy, but with continued love and a stable home will replace his past with good memories. If children are present, he will do best with older, considerate kids. He is good with small to medium sized dogs. Blaze's desire to be loved transcends any fear that he has and he will quickly bond to his people. This gentle, affectionate guy is sure to win your heart!
Blaze is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, housebroken and neutered as of 6/30/2020. His new family will be required to complete a basic obedience course of their choosing.
Blaze's adoption fee is $300. A meeting will not be scheduled until you have an approved application, so if you're interested in adopting Blaze fill out an Online Application today!
Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Blaze
- Coat length: Long
- Needs a yard: Yes
- Needs a fenced-in yard: Any Type
- Foster: SY
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If an animal is on our website, it is still available but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!